Be careful on diseases caused by heat!


2016/06/21 Tuesday Health, Highlights


We are now in a period in which temperature will rise gradually, increasing the risk of diseases caused by intense heat. Days with high temperatures or high humidity levels, no wind or if your body is not used to heat, are some of the cases you have to be careful.

Diseases caused by heat may also occur in close environment or when you are sleeping, therefore, be careful to changes in your physical conditions.

“Netchusho” is the term related to diseases caused by heat that occur when a person stays for a long time in a closed environment where the temperature and humidity are high, causing a change on body’s water levels and mineral salt. This change causes a failure in the organism function that controls corporal temperature and consequently are not able to tackle the fever fever accumulated in the body.



Dizziness, numbness on superior and inferior members, headache, nausea, among other symptoms. In more severe cases, the person may become unconscious or even die.



– Take in fluids frequently and supply mineral salt levels

– Wear clothes that facilitates air passage

– Use hats or umbrellas when outdoors

– Use a fan or air conditioner

Among others


How to proceed

– Seek shelter in ventilated places

– Loosen the clothes to cool the body

– Replace fluids and mineral salt, among others


In the case the individual show more severe symptoms and not able to drink fluids by herself/himself, or is unconscious, call an ambulance immediately.

We must be careful mainly on seniors and children as they are not able to realize their own bodies’ changes.

In order to everyone enjoys summer in a healthy and fun way, we must take care of our own body, as well as people around, to avoid the incidence of diseases caused by heat.



Mie-ken Kenko Fukushi-bu Iryo Taisaku-kyoku Kenko Zukuri-ka (in Japanese)

Tel: 059-224-2334

The importance of pension for those living in Japan

2016/06/21 Tuesday Health, Highlights

日本の年金制度について - 将来のことを考え、老後の過ごし方を計画する

Aposentadoria 1Many foreigners have been living in Japan for several years. But, what are they planning for the future? Over the years, these citizens will get older, and if they do not pay a pension plan, what will they do?

It is very important to plan the future, thinking in how your situation will be within 20 or 30 years. In this video we will talk about a very important subject: pension.

Pension is a system for citizens who work for many years and complied some requirements (such as minimum age, contribution period, among others) and provides a remuneration to senior citizens or other special cases as disability.

About pension systems in Japan

In Japan, there are two different systems: The National Pension Insurance (for those enrolled in Kokumin Kenko Hoken) and the Employee’s Pension Insurance (for those enrolled in Shakai Hoken).

National Pension (Kokumin Hoken)Image2

Public pension is a social insurance system who pays a pension to senior citizens, people with disabilities or for beavered families, assuring protection in an old age, in case of accidents and death.

Entry to national pension

All residents in Japan, between the ages over 20 and below 59, including foreigners, must enter the National Pension system. Those who have entered into the Employee’s Pension insurance system at the company also entered into the National Pension system at the same time.

Aposentadoria 12Entry procedures

To enter the National Pension system, you should go to the pension department in your local municipal administrative office.

Payment of pension contributions

The contribution rate is same for all subscribers regardless of income and is ¥16,260 per month (for year 2016). Payment notifications as to 1 year are sent from the Japan Pension Service once every April.  Families unable to afford the payment due to low income or other reasons can apply for payment exemption. For details, please contact a pension department in your local municipal administrative office.

Old-age basic pension Aposentadoria 8

Pension benefits are paid from age 65 to citizens who satisfy certain conditions, such as having paid the national pension contributions for 25 years or more. There are also the Disability Basic Pension and the Survivor’s Basic Pension, for details, please, contact a pension department of a local municipal administrative office.

Aposentadoria 4Employee’s Pension Insurance (Kousei Nenkin Hoken)

The Employee’s Pension Insurance is a payment system of ” Proportional Pension corresponding to the Period of Employment” where company employees are enrolled, for instance. Employee’s Pension contribution is made cumulatively to National Pension.

Entry procedures to Employee’s Pension Insurance

As the same in Health Insurance, enrollment on Employee’s Pension Insurance is applicable to companies with more than 5 employees, since in regular basis, even foreign employees.

The procedures for entering into the National Pension system are carried out by the company. Employer and employee will share the pension contributions by half. The amount is charged according to the amount of your income and bonuses.

Receiving Employee’s Pension Insurance for senior citizens Image4

Those enrolled on Employee’s Pension Insurance who have completed the qualification period for receiving old-age basic pension from national pension (when the pension contributions or exemption, among others is 25 years or more), are eligible to cumulative benefit of Employee’s Pension Insurance for senior citizens, from the age of 65.  In addition to Employee’s Pension Insurance for senior citizens, there is also the insurance for people with disabilities and to the beavered families. For details, please contact a social insurance department (Nenkin Jimusho).

Aposentadoria 14Lump-sum withdrawal payment (upon leaving Japan)

In Employee’s Pension Insurance, as well as National Pension, there is the “lump-sum withdrawal payment” upon leaving Japan.

Foreign residents who have contributed to the National Pension and Employee’s Pension for a total of six months or more may claim the Lump-sum Withdrawal Payment within two years of leaving Japan according to designated procedures.

Lump-sum Withdrawal Payment varies depending on the period of pension contribution and type of insurance.

For details, please contact the pension department of your local municipal administrative office.

Final MessageImage1

Think on the future. Many foreigners living in Japan think that pay pension is not viable, as they intent to return to their country, however, they have been living in Japan for many years, getting older and are not contributing monthly.

Pension is not only when you get old. The Public Pension System is a social insurance system to support those retired for disability, and bereaved families in an emergency or other circumstances, so it is necessary to be enrolled in a pension system to receive the benefits.

In addition, as explained previously, it is possible to request the Lump-sum Withdrawal Payment upon leaving Japan.

Make a plan of your life, learn about the pension systems and assure your remuneration during old age or in emergency circumstances.


Ippan Zaidan Hojin Jichitai Kokusaika Kyokai Tagengo Seikatsu Jyoho (Counsel of Autonomous Bodies for Internationalization)