Mie Prefecture Public Utilities Agency Water Purification Plant Open Day
Let’s Learn About Water!
On August 4th the Public Utilities Agency will be opening the doors to its three water purification facilities, the Harima, Takano and Taki water purification plants, for one day only. This is a rare opportunity to take a look inside at how these facilities work, we would also like to invite elementary and middles school students to join our summer holiday research lab!
This event is free and requires no reservations.
When: Sunday, 4th August 2013 from 10am to 3pm.
Note: if a weather warning is announced for Mie Prefecture on the day of the event it will be cancelled, we ask for your understanding.
Venues: Harima Water Purification Plant ( 1798 Yakio, Harima, Kuwana City )
Enquiries: Hokusei Water Works Office 059-351-1561
Takano Water Purification Plant ( 1996 Takano, Ichishi-cho, Tsu City )
Enquiries: Chusei Water Works Office 059-295-0200
Taki Water Purification Plant ( 1710 Ooka, Taki-cho, Taki-gun )
Enquiries: Nansei Water Works Office 059-38-2497
Note: for maps to each location please see the flyer attached. Enquiries can only be taken in Japanese.
– Tour of the water purification facilities (20-30mins)
– Learn how to purify water (turn muddy water to clean water!)
– See emergency water trucks up close
– At the Harima Plant learn about disaster preparation and take a ride on an earthquake simulation truck
– Answer our questionnaire and you could win disaster kit goods in our prize draw
– Visitors will all receive our original Public Utility Agency water bottle and clear file.
Note: events may vary between venues and there may be changes due to unforeseen circumstances. We ask for your understanding.