In Japan, foreign workers and families face challenges in areas such as employment, housing, medical treatment, welfare and education due to the slow intake of foreigners into the Japanese system and cultural and linguistic barriers. As a result of the decreasing birthrate and aging population accompanied by the labor shortage and the internationalization of the economy, the climate of the labor market is rapidly changing. This seminar will provide an opportunity to explore the issues of foreign worker employment and the promotion of multiculturalism in Japan.
Time: 1:30pm – 4:00pm
Date: Thursday, 12th February 2015
4th Floor Hall, Kariya City Social Education Center, Culture Civic Interchange Center（愛知県刈谷市東陽町１丁目32番地２市民交流センター４階）
1-32-2, Touyocho, Kariya-shi, Aichi (刈谷市社会教育センター ホール)
(1) Lecture: “Creating a Human Resource Strategy for a Medium to Long-Term Business Strategy: Promoting a Diverse Workforce”
(2) Panel Talk: Corporate Initiatives in the Tōkai region
– Mie Prefecture: Portal Mie
– Aichi Prefecture: Avance Lifesupport
– Gifu Prefecture: Towa Kumitate
– Shizuoka Prefecture: Hakuyukai
Maximum Attendance: 150 (pre-registration required)
Attendance Fee: Free
Registration: Fill out the registration form on the lower section of the pamphlet. Send the form by post or fax or send an email with the necessary details under the subject, “Seminar Application”「セミナー申込み」.
International Affairs Division, Aichi Prefectural Government
(愛知県 地域振興部 国際課 多文化共生推進室)
Note: The seminar will be held in Japanese.